OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2019
USE OF THIS WEBSITE
When using this website you accept:
- You use this Website is at your own risk and you are responsible for all of your activity in connection with accessing and using this Website service.
- You must not use this Website for any activities that breach any laws, infringe any party’s rights or breach any known codes.
- You must not distribute through this Website any inappropriate communication or any virus or other disabling code in any form.
- You must not bypass any security mechanisms imposed by this Website, or tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorised access or modifications to this Website.
ERRORS AND OMMISSIONS EXCEPTED
Property and details displayed in this website are given in good faith but have been provided from a range of sources therefore their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Users of this Website and the contained information are strongly urged to make their own inquiries to satisfy themselves that they are in receipt of accurate information. George Street Real Estate accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any of the detail or information contained herein.
GENERAL ADVICE TO BUYERS AND SELLERS
By law Buyers and sellers are required to be provided a copy of specific documents produced by the Real Estate Authority before signing documents and all agents are required to be familiar with and abide by the industry Code of Conduct. Our Sales Consultants can provide these documents but if you would like to read them in advance please review the links below or visit, https://www.rea.govt.nz/.
Here at George Street we want to ensure our clients are happy with all aspects of our professional service. If clients have any complaint throughout the sale process, in particular with our service or skills, we aim to address all complaints with care and promptness.
- Please inform us of any complaint in writing or verbally via phone call
- Please deliver the complaint to, Cameron Macneil
- We will aim to attended to all complaints fairly and promptly
George Street clients are not required to make any complaint directly to the company. Every client has the right to take their complaint to the Real Estate Authority (REA). The REA is a governing body that observes and regulates the real estate industry. They can be contacted by calling 0800 367 7322 or by emailing email@example.com.